Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I am stuck...

I am stuck...
It is 3 months since I got back and I am not even close to have my life organized. I still live with Leika and Osher, haven't got my own place yet. The first month was all about welcoming, and I enjoyed my friends, family and Israel after a long time apart.
The second month was a questioning month, I needed to face the reality and make up some decisions. It was a very hard month with a lot of questions, but finally I have made up my mind. I decided to search for a job back in software, since it is seems to be the only option that can pay for an apartment I want on the beach and allow me to sponsor my Cambodian family, my beers, my travels, etc' (not really Dalai Lama's approach, a...).
So the third month is all about interviews :-(. For the last couple of weeks I have been in many interviews, for different companies, some are doing software for the stock market, others are in telecoms, and many more. I sit in the interviews, listen to the important man describing what the company does and bla-bla-bla, and I really don't care. I have no passion for this field, at all. I mean I know once I get to a position, there will be a challenge of getting skilled, knowledgeable, the "best", so it will grab be for a while, but at this point, I just want to get it over with. Unfortunately it is not that easy. I have decided to try and search for a job for 4 days a week , so it will give me one more day a week for myself. I could do some volunteering activity, maybe go back to University, I don't know. Anyway, this makes things much more complicated. The interviews usually go smooth, I impress the people and the atmosphere is very positive, till I say the magic words, 4 days a week! I am giving it a try, if I won't be able to find, I probably will give up, but not yet...

Let's say it isn't the best time of my life now, I feel confused and not very enthusiastic about my life. I am stuck!!!

Be well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Friend,

I agree. This is not the best time to be in. But, like all other bad days, it doesn't go on

There are good days followed by bad days.

So, ask the prospective employers, if you could do the work required in 4 days OR work from home on the 5th day, it should not be a problem.

BTW, good to see updates on your post. And Osher looks great with the crown.

Hope everybody is well back there.
All the best. Do keep writing.