Sunday, December 10, 2006

Still in Phnom Penh ...

I am staying in the worst room I ever stayed in, for sure. It is in a size of a cell, just a bed, and small shower and toilet space, but it is cheap (only 3 $) and I need to start saving now. I got to the lakeside on Friday, after a very emotional day of farewell parties in the school. The kids mad a lot of presents for me, wrote cards with wishes, etc'. It was very touching. I bought a lot of sweets and blew a balloon for every child, on each wrote I love ... and the name of the kid. The smaller kids were very happy, balloons are fun and always add to a party atmosphere.
Now, since I am here I had done absolutely nothing. I am so lazy, it is unbelievable. I move from one hammock to another. The only effort I do is roll a joint from time to time, or go eat somewhere.
I have not planned to stay in Phnom Penh after I finish with the school, but I must stay now, till I get my passport back, which as usual I sent for visa extension too late and now I need to wait till the end of the day on Wednesday to get it back.

The sunsets in this place are amazing! I am too lazy to take pictures, but every day it has new colors, new shapes. This is the only mandatory task on my daily to do list, NOT TO MISS the sunset. It is very hot during the day, and the sunset brings a nice breeze with it, which makes it even more magical.
Sunset Lakeside Phnom Penh
People are very friendly around and it is very easy to hook up with people for an evening of beers, for a pool game, joint, munches, etc'.
All the guesthouses, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, have TV corners where you can choose a DVD and see it, different kind of table games, some even have PlayStation. Pool tables everywhere, happy hour for drinks and more...
Lakeside guest house Phnom Penh Lakeside Guest House TV place

Lakeside streets,  Phnom Penh Lakeside Phnom Penh

Just relax, do little, have fun!
Me on the lakeside Phnom Penh

Be well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Oks,

Hows u ... its really an interesting experience to read ur travel experience ..

Try and guess who am i ....

we met in India/Israel ...

will check out later ... on ur blog ..

anyways .. TODA RABA ...i dont remember much Hebrew... :)

Oksana S said...

Ram?