Wednesday, August 16, 2006

14/15/16 August 2006 – Trek to the Doi Inthanon Mountain, Chang Mai province

Yesterday I came back from my first trek in Thailand! It was really great! For all of you who sit on the sofa, look at this, just get out there! It is wonderful world out! Breath taking nature, GREAT PEOPLE!

Meet Sun, the BEST guide ever!
Day 2 - Sun

Meet the trek team:
Sun – our guide, him you already know.
Fu – kind of guide assistant for the first day.
Mai - guide assistant for the second and a third day. My personal hero, when I thought I couldn’t hike anymore, he was the one to keep me going, in some point even carried my bag.
Me
Maxim
Marina (26) - England (we still hang on together, very bad of me to forget her the first time!!)Marina rocks!!!!!!
Alice (22) – England
Graham (25) – England
Ali (18) – England
Alex (18) – England
Tessa (18) – England
Ahmend – France
Armin (25) – Austria
Kim – Korea (spent with us only the first day & night)
Hee Young – Korea (spent with us only the first day & night)
Hara – Korea (spent with us only the first day & night)

Our trek lexicon (most commonly used phrases):
Thai- English Sleng:
- Same, same, but different
- Small, small, but spicy
- Never try, never know
- Oh, My Budha!
- Lovely, Jobly!
- I don’t drink everyday, but every night.
- Jungle man
- No joke > no fun, no fun > no baby, no baby > no problem :-)
- Crazy Israeli woman – this one is for me invented by Graham, nice English gentleman who never farts (private joke :-)).
- Ola-la, Sebo! – This one brought by Ahmed, a French guy.

Day 1
We started our day with elephant trek, about 1.5 hours drive from Chang Mai. Had lunch and continued walking in the jungle toward our camp. It was nice and easy day, AMAZING views!
Day 1 – Elephant Trekking Day 1

We reached the camp, had a nice cold shower.
Day 1 - night camp in the jungle Day 1 - nice, cold shower

Had a great dinner cooked by Sun and lots of beers of course!

Day 2
This was the toughest day! We did around 10 KM, half was hiking up a mountain. No taxi, no tuktut :-(. I really thought I won’t make it. I was the last one in the group, and with every step felt every cigarette I ever smoked. I really should quit smoking and start getting in shape. Dispite all I DID IT! When we finally reached the village I felt so good about myself, and was so happy it is over.
Day 2 - hicking Day 2 - Village

In the evening, Ali was playing a guitar; we did some singing, and told some dirty jokes, here is the winner (By Ahmed):
How many positions there are in sex? 68! 69 is for cleaning the tools! – This one told with French accent after several beers made me laugh non stop.

Day 3
Another about 10 Km walking, but it was much easier. Did a bamboo rafting for the perfect end! It was awesome!!! (That how England people say Sababa).
Day 3 Day 3

We got back to Chang Mai around 05:00 pm. On the way I was sure once we reach the guest house I will just go to sleep. BUT NO! We all had very quick showers, went down to have a drink. Eventually had 3 bottles of whisky in the guest house, then went to a Rege bar to have another drink and then to Spicy to do some buggy!!! It was a great night; I don’t really know where I had the straights from but I danced like crazy (crazy Israeli woman, a?).
Back in Chang Mai - PAAAAAAAAAAARTY!

It was one of the BEST experinces I had for long time!

To be continued...

Be well!

P.S I am still in Chang Mai, I think I stay here for some time...

No comments: