Monday, August 28, 2006

Pai routine....

I was too lazy to write in the last couple of days. I am still in Pai, it is Me, Marina and Maxim stayed from the "old" team. Marina and Maxim stay in one place while I stay in another not far away from them. Maxim originally stayed with me but couple of days ago he moved to a different guest house (the one that Marina stays in). This is his first apartment ever, as he calls it and it is so exiting! We now spend our days in visiting one another.
I stay in a beautiful bungalow by the river, you already saw the pictures of the place. It is a bit expensive for Thailand, but I need my luxuries. I started Yoga course four days ago, the first day is introductory, it means Yoga ALL day, and following it is 10:00-12:00 every morning. Imagine:
1) I AM DOING YOGA!
2) In the MORNINGS!!!!
Yes! I think the main reason I got into it is so I can stay in Pai for as long as possible and I will have a good excuse. And of course I was too guilty just do NOTHING the all day, so now I do Yoga in the mornings and do nothing the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong Yoga is good, that what they say at least :-), I mean I do not really into body exercise so it is very hard for me, every part in my body aches.
Doing nothing daily time table:
- Come back from Yoga, shower and a rifer
- Where should I have breakfast?
- Breakfast
- Chill out time
- Brain exercise time: reading
- Where should I have late lunch/ dinner
- Lunch / Dinner
- Chill out time
- Go out time, options:
1. Rege place for a smoke in a dark place with very stoned people around
2. Drink somewhere and then move on for party at Beep Pop
3. Get some munchies and just stay on the porch, more chill out time
4. Start going, meet people on your way and just end up somewhere
Max for example is sticking with Option 3 for the last couple of nights, and I like it myself as well.
Anyway those days will be over soon, eventually I will have to leave Pai, I have to renew my permission to stay in Thailand by 07/09 I think, it means to cross border, so I will have to move to Lao probably.

Today we had a busy day thought, after the Yoga class, me, Maxim, Ken (32, Japan) and Luis (36, New Zealand), had a breakfast together, then rented bicycles and went to see Ken's place. He is staying about 1KM from Pai in a village. You will not believe this place, I won't even try to describe it. Let say Ken lives in Pai the last four months and not planning to leave soon. We rested (again) in Ken's place, you can just stay there forever, on the hammock in the living room which has no doors, nor windows, only a roof to protect from rain. So instead of pictures on the walls, you are surrounded by green mountains, blue sky and beautifully shaped clouds.
We got back around 17:00, as I arrived Marina came to draw me (I don't know whether I already told you, Marina is an artists, she is school art teachers and she is a painter). We set on my porch had a beer, Marina sketched me and we had a nice conversation. Following we picked up Maxim and went for a dinner. Now I am using the time to catch up with you guys, and might hit to the Beep Pop later tonight.

You know I always believed that I cannot live like this, nowhere to be, nothing to do. I know now that I can indeed. This is the real freedom! I love it!

Be well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello !!

Now that you are doing Yoga, read this small article on what Yoga is?

http://www.bipinjoshi.com/displaythread.aspx?threadid=254&forumid=15

The person who maintains this website has written a few articles on Yoga & they are definitely worth a read.

It is better to understand Yoga from the land where it originated :)

Peace