Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tattoo...

Yesterday the 01/09/2006 is a day I will remember till the rest of my life. It started as an ordinary day in Pai. I went for Yoga (last lesson, totally 8 days of intensive Yoga and now all I need to do is keep on practicing by myself, I hope I will), after the lesson me & Ken (Japan) went for a coffee in an art gallery cafe, the best coffee in Pai. We had a nice conversation and from there each went to his place.
On my way to the guest house I stopped again in Max's tattoo studio. About a week ago, Mark had his tattoo done in studio next to my guest house, I stopped by to see him in pain :-), and got over the different tattoo designs. Back then I didn't realize that a week later I will gather the courage to get one myself. Every day since I was bypassing the tattoo studio, stood sometime out and could not get in. Well, yesterday as I walked to my guest house, alone, I saw the studio open and got in. It was around 01:00pm. I looked at the designs again, and saw something I really liked. A beautiful back painting! That's it! I knew that I have to have it. I showed the design to Max (the owner of the studio), he took measurements and asked to come back at 04:00pm, he will have the drawing ready customized for me, and if I want I can have it done the same day.
While I was talking with Max, Maxim & Oroh were passing through, I called them up. They were really surprised to see me there, and I gladly announced that I closed on a tattoo and I need to come back later to have it done.
We went to my place to have a beer, just to kill the time. The following two hours I was really nervous, one part of me really wanted to get the tattoo, but the other part was really scared! I HATE PAIN! And from what I saw on Mark, he was really in pain. Oroh kept asking me whether I am sure, Maxim on the other hand was encouraging me just to do it. These were long two hours.
At 04:00 PM we came back to the studio, I am doing it! - I said to Max. The drawing looked beautiful (here is a bad picture of the drawing):
The tattoo design

Following were 5 hours of PAIN!!!! And here is the result:
Tattoo

I love body drawings, I always did. I thought about having one several times in my life, but never did. Once in Sinai I had a hina body drawing done on my back. I always considered people who have tattoo (and I am talking about artistic drawing and not skeletons etc') as people who are really in piece with their body. I was not in piece with mine for very long time. Yersteday when I saw the back painting I thought it will look good on mine. I do have a beutiful back I think! And now it is even more :-)

I talked about the Tatto a lot, but this feeling of getting in piece and even in love with your body again is the biggest prize I got from Yoga exercise. Mind and body are connected and this is not just a cliche . I feel good, I look at myself in the mirror and I look good! And all this only after 8 days. I hope to adopt Yoga, or any body exercise for better mind set.

Love you!

Be well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

oooh lush!
where's the next tattoo going?
and O, one more thing, WTF?!!!