Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ko- Pangan

About Ko-Pangan
Ko-Pangan, Hadrin beach
I am in Ko-Pangan for the last 10 days (got here on the 12/09). We stay in Hadrin beach, the most crowded beach because of the parties. Every night there is a dance party on the beach, you can stay in Cactus, which offers dance, hip-hop music. Place also know as the best pick up place, the hunting area. You can go to the ZOOM for a good trance music where people are into intensive dance music! There is also the Drop-In and others.... The bottom line every night the beach becomes alive, with buckets of alcohol sold everywhere, fire shows, mixture of music and a lot of beautiful young people (I definitely represent the old generation here in Ko-Pangan, the land of babes & studs)...

For the first night I got to the beach, I left two hours later with a big head ache from the different music tunes all mixing in my head. In general I am not too impressed from Ko-Pangan. I imagined myself beautiful place with breath taking view. Instead it is a crowd party island, specifically the Hadrin beach where we stay, it is like concentrated Eilat, and it is 90% occupied by Israelis, even the Thai speak Hebrew in here.

Having all this said, I am in Ko-Pangan already 10 days. I had the best time in the half-moon party and several great evenings on the beach. We did some roaming around the island on a bike but most of the time, just walk up very late, get a massage, see a movie (there are pubs in here which they show movies the all day, or you can see all the episodes of Friends...). And in the evening parties again. It is hard in Ko-Pangan!!!

I have just realized I haven't introduce the people I am here with. Well, I share a room with Maxim and Itai (Maxim meet Itai on his way to the Island). Our neighbours, Adi (girl 24), David (23), Max (23), are also Maxim's friends whom he meet in Ko-Samui. So when I got to Ko-Pangan they were all already partying together. I didn't really connected with non of them, I mean if Maxim would introduce us, our ways wouldn't ever cross. Anyway, they are fine, and we do spend sometime together (as less as possible if it is up to me :-) (what a snob I am). Anyway I have a lot of quality time with myself, I get massages done on a daily basis, meet a lot of different people for conversation over lunch, or a beer. It is really cool!

And one last thing, we stay in beatiful bungalow up on the hill, and there are the best sunsets I can see from the hammock in the porch!!!
Sunset from the porch

Half moon party Ko-Pangan (15/09 – 16/09)
I started to dance around 02:00 am and stopped the next day (16/09) at 06:00 pm. No sleep in between, from the party directly to the after party on the beach. It was the BEST!
We (Maxim & his friends) had several drinks in the guest house, took a taxi and went to the half moon party which was somewhere up in the forest. We got there, all in a happy party mood, and immediately got lost in the crowed. I found the best spot next to a huge speaker and although I am not very found of trance music (I wasn't, I mean), this time I felt completely connected to the tunes. I couldn't stand for even a second, the only brakes I did were to have a quick drink, and back to the mad dancing again.
In every point I would looked around me, I saw a friendly, happy, smiling faces of people around, I felt surrounded by friends, although completely strangers, we shared one thing in common the energy! and the music!! Later on that night and in the after party the next day I actually meet some of the people from the dance floor, some for breakfast, others for more dancing, etc'. We have been bounded by music J!
I will try to describe the party place, since obviously my camera was left home. It was up on the hill, in the middle of forest. Great sound, beautiful, colorful longs all around, the ultra lights made it all look very electronic. People had body drawings which glow in the ultra. I had one done as well, beautiful sun on the belly. It wasn't too crowded, people who were on the full moon parties said that this one is much better. And the atmosphere was amazing, pure fun! The after party took place not far from the original party place, with the best addition > THE BEACH. It's kind of a pub on the beach (Baan Thai beach, or something like this, about 20 minutes drive from the beach we stay on). Inside, heavy trance music, outside the sea!
I got back to the room at 06:00 pm, my body was tired, my foot swollen and in pain, and I just couldn't get enough!!!!

IT WAS THE BEST PARTY EVER!

20/09 Birthday
I went to bed relatively early the night before so I will make sure we will wake up and take a boat around the island, with stops in different virgin beaches and snorkeling. We planned to take the boat the all week, but always wake up too late. Anyway on the 20th morning, Me & Maxim wake up really early, at 10:00 am. At 11:00 am we were down on the beach, bought two tickets for the Reggae boat for 12:00 am. Maxim invited me for a breakfast before we move on. We got on a boat (15 tourist, we were the only Israelis) and were instructed by the guide as for the boat rules: "We have one rule on the Reggae boat", the guy said. "You cannot say NO when somebody gives you a joint. First time you say NO, you stay without water, second time - without food, and the third time you swim back to Hadrin". Me & Maxim of course loved the rule!
Reggae boat
It was a beautiful ride, first we stopped in a waterfall, then in the bottle beach and some other beaches, did some snorkeling, I mean everybody else did, I tried but couldn't breath for some reason. It was a beautiful day, finally out in the nature and far away from the crowded Hadrin beach. In the evening we got back, I went to take a massage (of course) and we all meet up in the room to have a drink for my birthday. After the drink, the beach again! I couldn't dance, I was too tired and the music didn't drive me. So I stayed some time and on the beach and Me, Maxim and Tamar (21) (girl Maxim meet in Bangkok) went back to the room, to have a quiet night. We played Poker till 05:00 am, I lost a fortune to Maxim, but it was great fun!

Tamar brought me a present with a beautiful card she wrote. I know this girl for 2 days only,(Maxim meet her in Bangkok and couple of days ago she arrived in Ko-Pangan) it was really touching. She is the sweetest girl, warm and kind. The nicest person I meet in the Ko-Pangan partying scene, the island of babes and studs as I said earlier.

Now what?
I am not sure, I want to leave Ko-Pangan, move on to other Islands, more nature, less crowd. But on the other hand I am so lazy!!! And there is a black moon party tomorrow....
I also understood that now the visa rules have changed and I cannot renew my visa to Thailand just by crossing the border, they require by away from Thailand 3 months before you can get in again. This means that I can stay in Thailand till the 07/10 tops. So I need to decide on the next destination and explorer some more of Thailand before I leave.

As for the revolution, don't worry about it. I am far away from the news! And NO, I had nothing to do with the revolution, I promise :-).

Be well! & Shana Tova!!!

P.S more pictures are here as always, although in Ko-Pangan I took the camera out rarely....

No comments: