Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ugly Israelis!

I read an article two years ago in Mumbai, it called "Ugly Indians" or something like this. IT was a self humorist article about the bad manners the local people have, for example even the richest people in India still cannot adopt the habit of not throwing garbage on the streets.
Anyway when we talk about bad manners, here in Thailand we definitely take the prize for being the ugliest travelers. Our reputation is ahead of us, and unfortunately my personal experiences till now also prove it. WE ARE THE WORST!

The Israeli man is for SURE an ultimate dream of every woman, definitely an European one. And the woman maybe still doesn't know it, but she really want!
Marina and Katy (two nice & blond English ladies), got back from a waterfall one of the days and shared a non pleasant experience they had with some Israeli guys. Marina, was really surprised in the fact that they just approached them in very rood manner suggested the girls to join them on a bike. "Alo, Buba" style (for those who understand). Anyway later on that day, me and Marina went to Beep Bop, and on our way back a guy bypassed us on the bike "It's him" - said Marina, and unfortunately the guy recognized her as well. He actually did a u-turn, and approached us "A, it's you!" - he said to Marina, (this time I was there, it was "Alo buba" style). Before he continued I kindly, in a very NOT polite Hebrew asked him to FUCK OFF. This is the first time since I started my trip I felt the bad vibe and actually got angry.
Of course, Marina already familiar with all the different sounds an Israeli man does to pick up a girl.
YES! THE REAL MAN! I was joking with Marina, suggested to hock her up with Israeli guy: "Never try, never know!" - I said. She, politely as a real English girl preferred not to know!

The Israeli traveller is also the best guest house neighbor! There is kind of agreement between travellers, they always smile to each other and usually exchange warm greetings (good morning, etc'), defiantly your guest house neighbors This friendly atmosphere is one of the best things when you travel. Well, having all this said, this rule doesn't apply the Israeli travellers. Marina was complaining about the fact that here neighbors never smile, no "hello", no "goodbyes"... I know, mine as well, I said. And I said Hello in Hebrew and never got a reply.

And of course, in the Yoga class, every time the teacher has something to say about Israelis: "You people usually are very loud, you know?", etc'...
And nobody can bit us when it comes to bargain, sometimes in a very aggressive way!

No doubt, we are the WORST!

I always believed that since the population that goes to Thailand is relatively young and open minded I will see a different type of Israelis, BUT NO. We stay the same, always and everywhere. We have our own rules and we do not care about manners.

This was my rage wave from Pai, it really makes me mad!

Be well!

No comments: