Monday, August 21, 2006

One, Two, Three, BUNGY!

On Friday (18, August 2006), Maxim, Graham and Alice left to Pai. I heard about the opurtunity to do a Bungy jump not far away from Chang Mai and I decided that I cannot move untill it is done. I asked Koy (the guest house owner) on how I can get to the Bungy place and he kindly offered that one of his employees (Fu) will take me there on a motorbike.
We got to the Bungy place around 02:00 PM. The all way there Fu was asking me if I am not afraid, and of course I wasn’t :-). But when we got there and I saw it, my heartbeats went crazy!
It is a 50 meters high jump over a lake, I stood up on the edge looked around me, it all green mountains, beautiful lake down and I just got FROZEN. FEAR grabbed me in a really wrong time, Fu was screaming “come on”, the bungy guide started to count down “ONE, TWO, THREE, BUNGY! But I couldn’t, just stood up there and could let go of my hands. In some point I was sure I won’t do. The guide, counted again and I still could move. Then he advised me, to let go of my hands, and go on my own time. That’s what I did. Stood up in a bird position, and counted for myself, ONE….. AND JUST JUMPTED!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!
Bungy, Chang Mai Bungy, Chang Mai

IT IS A CRAZY FEELING! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!
I got a bungy jumper certificate, a T shirt, and a film with photos of the jump; unfortunately it isn’t a digital one, so I will scan some later on.
I stayed really high for the rest of the day, like I have been on drugs.
I did IT!

From the Bungy jump I asked Fu if we could hang around in the surroundings, he kindly agreed and we drove to a near by waterfall.
Mon Hin Waterfall, Chang Mai Province Mon Hin Lai Waterfall, Chang Mai Province
In the evening of the same day, me & Marina (from the trek group, she stayed in Chang Mai as well), went for a nice diner and then to Spicy for a girls party (if you know what I mean). It was so funny, we got there and people actually recognized me, “Or, it’s you the crazy girl from couple of night ago…” it was really embarrassing. Anyway I danced non stop and the evening for me ended next morning… All I can say is “VIVA La Itali”!!!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow !!

Did you say "I am a crazy girl!!!" while bungy jumping?

Congrats on making the first jump :). I have yet to make one