Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cambodia - Sihanouk Ville beaches

This was my second week at school. It was okay, nothing special. The all week I was busy with arranging children's photos for 2007 calendar with each child. I found myself spending a long day in front of computer with photoshop designing the frame for the album.
I still wonder why I am there, and occasionally get angry at what going on around me, but i try to occupy myself and look at the bright side. The children are great!
I met Gav last weekend and we spent the weekend getting know Pnhom Penh. This weekend, I am now writing from a beautiful beach strip with guesthouses and bars on it. Sihanouk Ville is a beach town surrounded by 7 different beaches. Yesterday, Me & Clare took 1/2 day off at school and took the 02:30 pm bus from Pnhom Penh to Sihanouk Ville (4 hours drive).
We got here after dark and took a motorbike to Eden guesthouse recommended by the Lonely planet, on the Serendipity Beach. This is a party place, the ground floor is dance bar and a restaurant, and on the 2nd and the 3rd floor rooms for rent. The building located right on the beach and the ways are broken right next to me.
We had a dinner and couple of beers as we arrived, then went up to have a shower and were suppose to meet later on. Well, I wanted to try the bad and immediately was asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night, hearing load tunes from the bar down stairs. I went down to smoke a cigarette and found a place fully packed with a wild dancing party crowd.
Too shame Sarah is not here I thought.
I smoked a cigarette, watched the party crowd and went back to the room, where I could have a private party, accompanied by the music from down stairs and my own company.
As Me & Clare share a room in the school, when we talked about going away for the weekend we agreed on separate rooms before we even knew where we going. We both miss our privacy, simple things, like being able to walk naked after a shower, etc'.
Today I spent the laziest day on the beach. Moving from one umbrella to another, having shake in one place, ice coffee in another.
Such a chill out atmosphere, good music, fire shows around me, I really do not feel like going back tomorrow. But I am going, even already booked the tickets, not even sure why...

Sihanouk Ville Sihanouk Ville

Be well!

No comments: