Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sarah Mellows my Vietnam friend!

I met Sarah back in Hanoi, when I got back from Halong Bay she was sitting in the guest house lobby reading her book. We exchanged friendly smiles as most of the travellers do, I was on my way to have a drink and invited Sarah to join me. She is 23 from England, travels on her own as well. This is her second time in Vietnam, she was here two moths ago, then did Thailand and Cambodia and had one more mouth to spend before she goes back home, so she decided to go back to Vietnam, as she was in love with this place.
We had a great conversation over a drink, she was going to Sapa for couple of days, then back to Hanoi. We exchanged emails and agreed to meet up back in Hanoi, and continue from here together.
A week later, I returned from Sapa, knocked on Sarah door at 06:00 am, we packed out bags, went to the local bus station, took the bus to Ninh Binh... We are still together, spending the last 3 days before I leave. Sarah will probably stay in Saigon for sometime, as she is just in loved with this place.

Sarah is an amazing person, full with energy, very open to people, funny, smart and VERY HAPPY! Without Sarah my Vietnam wouldn't be the same. Her laugh, her positive and kind attitude is contagious!
Sarah, Hoi-An beach

We are the perfect match! We understand each other without talking, we even both snore, how cool is this :-)?
Gavin, a guy we met in Ninh Binh and travelled together for a week or so, called us "The crazy girls!", but in a positive sense of the word :-).
Crazy girls, Hue

This is only a short introduction, you will get know Sarah closer as I will post more stories from Vietnam. And I am sure you will love this girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy girls indeed!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

nice article. I would love to follow you on twitter.