Monday, November 27, 2006

Good things!!!

James
It was strangely easy and comfortable, he did his drawings I read my book. The weather was beautiful, nice fresh breeze from the sea, and it even rained in some point. The sky were unbelievable, they looked alive, full of colors, really breath taking scenery. We had a spliff from time to time, changed location from one comfortable sofa to another. I felt lazy and very relaxed, pleased with myself that I stayed for another day on the beach, one more sunset, maybe sunrise, who knows...
James is from California, he is 32, and spent the last year away from home, in Cambodia. He is very interesting guy, the only problem is his English. I got used to British English accent after long time with Sarah and now this one, why people can't you pronounce words clear and slow :-). Anyway we managed just fine, I really enjoyed James company, he drew every part of my body, my foot, my hands... He is really talented, you need to see him drawing!!!
This is ME, by the way, on the beach with my cool sun glasses which James really liked.
Me on the beach (Sihanouk Ville) by James

We spent a very mushy evening together. It was very strange, although we knew each other only for couple of hours, it felt natural to me. I didn't even realized how much I miss a hug! And I mean a hug, Slavchik's hug, Pashkin's, Leikin and more... Just a HUG!
It was still dark when James woke up, we agreed he will wake me up so I won't miss my bus. We saw the sun rises making everything look shine and sparkling. Had a quick coffee, said good bye, and I left. James thought of having foot and hands drawings exhibition on the beach, and I felt very sorry to leave. To leave the beach, the sun, this place...

Back to school

I got back to the school, the kids were sleeping. It was around 01:00 PM, and everybody out for the lunch break. I also suppose to be free till 02:00 PM. I drop my bag in my room and go down to say hello to the local teachers.
I stand there and admire the children, they look so good this small pirates when they sleep :-).
I stay down and about 10 minutes later, Sok Ly wakes up (3 years old young man :-)). I love Sok Ly, he always makes me smile. He, on the other hand, has not showed me any special affection till today. Today as he opened his eyes, saw me, asked to take him to my hands. I gave him a big hug and my heart melted. I didn't want to come back to the school, but I glad I did, this hug was worth it.
I spent the rest of the day as usual playing around with kids. I was the last teacher to leave as I stayed out playing with the kids, waiting for their parents to pick them up.

Today is the first day of my third week here...

Be well!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come back home! I miss you :-(

Anonymous said...

Nice Drawing !!
How are you my friend?

Good to see a post from you after a long time.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm at the Green lake - 108... an auspicious nmber!
Come find me!
xo

Anonymous said...

I've moved - I'm at number 9 SISTER guesthouse - about to go to the Gecko for some breakfast or some place for a happy shake. It's morning.... you maybe are working?
I got a kick ass room - you should really see it.
James
http://ideationbaby.livejournal.com

ps i am going to stick around in Cambodia through the weekend - let's hang out?
xo

Anonymous said...

Well, my reading came out as below, but mostly I'm hoping I see you. Wanna hit the beaches again?
xo
An energetic Aries Moon picks up the pace as it dances with several planets in fiery Sagittarius. Our actions certainly do speak louder than words and today we are fully prepared to do whatever is necessary. There seems to be an easy harmony between our desires and our satisfaction, with additional support coming from a sextile between sensual Venus and imaginative Neptune. We should just keep in mind that reality may fall a bit short of our dreams.