Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sapa

First meet my Sapa fellow travellers, my Sapa freinds.
Uncle Andy (because he is so old :-), private joke)
Andy
And Andrea
Andrea
They both are from Switzerland, good friends from back home (not a couple). I met them on my way to the train from Hanoi to Sapa. On the train I got a very boring cabin with 3 French people, they went to sleep as the train moved. I went out for a smoke and search for a company. Andrea and Andy were out smoking as well. The three of us went to the train bar. It was great! We were the only Westerns in there surrounded by friendly local people, mostly men. They had beers and were singing Karaoke, yes, apparently it is very common in Vietnam.
We arrived in Sapa early in the morning, and I decided if I already awake so early I might as well make the best out of it, so I hiked up to the radio tower, beautiful. It was really foggy because Sapa is quite high in the mountains but I enjoyed the fresh air, the piece of mind, the birds sound, it was AMAZING!
Sapa View of the moutain from the Radio tower

The next day, I had a slow morning and in the afternoon Me, Andy and Andrea went to see the near by Cat-Cat village.

The following day, the last day in Sapa (yesterday) we rented two motorbikes, one for me with a wild Vietnamese driver and one for Andy and Andrea. We had a beautiful ride to the villages around. The scenery was spectacular!
Village around Sapa Village around Sapa

I got back to Hanoi today at 05:30 am, went back to the Old Street guest house were I was suppose to meet up with Sarah, an English girl I met in Hanoi before I left to Sapa.

Me & Sarah are now in Ninh Binh, lovely quiet town, tomorrow we are going to see the caves here around and then night bus to Hue.

This was my quick update
Hope you all are good!

Be well!
Some more pictures as always http://www.flickr.com/photos/oksana-s/

No comments: