Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back in Bangkok

I got to Bangkok today at 06:00 am after 16 hours on a bus :-( (from Krabi town, where I spent nice 3 days). Since I didn't had much sleep I was sure once I check in I will crash, but I couldn't. I was restless, I came here for a reason I thought, so business first. I went to the Israeli connection to get my visa for Vietnam. Now there was one another important task, CAMERA. For me as a lonely traveller, camera and a book are my best friends, it keeps me busy and more importantly it forces me to stop, to look around, to capture a landscape, place, or crowd as I see it. It is my memories, my impressions of places. There were several times during the last couple of weeks that I almost bought a camera in South, but everybody advised to wait for Bangkok. So I did...

I took a bus to the MBK and got lost in this HUGE place.
MBK, Bangkok MBK, Bangkok

I hate shopping!!!

The plan was to get in, spend maximum an hour and get out. Well, it took me almost two hours only to find the camera section in this 5/6 floors building (I didn't really understood, is it 5? or 6?), it is really HUGE!!!
Who needs so many shops? Is it really fun?
I got really annoyed, what a waste of a time!!! I should have just bought my camera in Krabi, so I might pay a bit more, but I wouldn't have to spend a day in a huge mall.
It took me another two hours to choose my "new friend" (camera I mean), such a huge selection, again who needs it?
Too many chooses is confusing and makes me feel lost... Maybe it is only me...
Anyway, I really do not understand much in camera's, there were two things that were important to me: Olympus, since the previous one did a good job and a better zoom.
I found it!!!!
I am proud to introduce you with my new baby :-), now that I read some reviews (really smart, after I bought it), anyway it gets good grades, so maybe I am not that bad after all :-).
My New Camera!!! My New Camera!!!
http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/29_SP-500_UltraZoom.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one! I am sure you will enjoy it!
R

Anonymous said...

"Visualize me saying things to you"
;)

Cheers
Kalpesh