Saturday, October 07, 2006

Ko-Lanta Paradise

I finally found myself on a beach, with no connection to the outside world: no phones, no emails, no shops, no cars, no bikes, no pubs, no people, not even 7 eleven! I got to Lanta from Pee-Pee on Wednesday and this time I decided to go for an isolated beach on the island, about 10km away from the main "town". I stayed in guest house on the beach, beautiful bungalows with sea view, big windows (luxury), beautiful pool facing the sea, and a warm guest house family restaurant under an open sky facing the sea as well. When the sea is high, you sit in the restaurant and the ways are actually "touching" you.
The whether was perfect! It was raining almost every day, but in the second part of the day the sun would come out "to show off" with AMAZING sunset.
I walked on the beach when it wasn't raining, beautiful long strip with no soul around. Or just set under cover by the pool side listening to the best sound tracks made by the ways, the wind, the rain and the birds. I spent a day in a national park on the island, just took a taxi and went by myself, there was no soul in there as well.
Four days I have been completely isolated, just me and my book, and I enjoyed it a lot! Maybe after all I will be able to do a Vipassana course and shouldn't be so afraid.

Looking back, it was great two months of vacation, parties, people, but I feel now I am ready to move on. I have received my placement with Travel2Teach organization, 4 weeks, starting from 11/11 teaching kids English in Cambodia. There are still some final arrangements to do, to make it final, but I am already very anxious.

I reached Krabi now, took the latest transportation I can from Lanta. I really didn't want to leave Lanta, but I suppose to call my Mom every Friday (which was yesterday, and since there were no phones, it was the first Friday I missed the call), as expected she was worried. I also need to get my visa extension done, upcoming Monday is my last legal day in Thailand, so I shell visit the Krabi migration office first thing in the morning.

Be well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I could not be there with you.
R